I have been a Christian most of my life. My adult years have been spent trying to make my faith my own, in an attempt to not rely on purely the faith of my FAITH-FULL, precious family members. I can trace many points in my life where God has directly intervened in my life. I know He has done this simply because He loves me, He is full of grace and is faithful.
I believe many, many things, but mostly, I believe...
(1) That belief in Jesus Christ and receiving Him as your personal Savior is the ONLY way to Heaven.
(2) The Bible is the inerrant and complete, inspired Word of God.
(3) Jesus was fully God and fully man, and The Father, Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are three in One.
(4) Prayer changes things, but I don't know how.
(5) There is a real Heaven and Hell.
(6) Jesus is coming back some day, and it may be soon.
(7) God speaks to those who want to hear Him.
I have lots of favorite Bible verses, and it is really hard to pick just one. God has used different parts of His Word to speak to me in different ways throughout the seasons of my life. But, if I had to pick one that goes through my mind more often than others, it would be Lamentations 3:22-25:
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."
I love the fact that I get to start over with his mercies each morning. And, if I had to pick JUST ONE quality of my Heavenly Father that means the most to me, it would be His Faithfulness. I change, He does not. And, He ALWAYS comes through for me. He may not intervene in the way I think He will or should, but He always does what is best for me.
Indoor Herb Garden
2 years ago