Tuesday, September 8, 2009

odds and ends from Buckaroo Junction

I haven't updated my personal blog for awhile, even though I have had every intention of doing so. I have been so bogged down with photo editing, I have done little else. I am excited to move on to my next phase of offering less photos with every CD I do so that I don't have to spend SO much time on them. Seriously, right now, I spend about six hours on every order I do (sometimes more), from start to finish.
OK, enough about that.
My kids are growing up a little more every day. Today was our first "official" day of homsechooling Isaac. It went SO well, and I was surprised at how much he retained from our doing preschool last year. He seems ready to read, and I really hope it happens soon. I think he would enjoy it, and it makes a mom's life easier when she is not constantly reading what the video games say to her six year old!
The other day, we were cuddled together on the couch, talking about how we used to rock together in the rocking chair at naptime. He asked where Graham was, and I said he wasn't born yet, and he said, "mom! Why did you have to lay that egg of evil?" Where do they get this stuff????
Graham has been a handful lately. He is in the throes of the terrible twos, and has me at my wit's end most days. It could be his bid to get mama's attention when mama is too busy to pay attention. But, whatever the reason, it has me on my knees a lot lately, which is a good place to be. I don't know why I wait until I feel I am on the verge of losing it to get there a lot of times. He is SO faithful, even when we are not. He has already started to unveil things to me when it comes to my parenting that I needed to have my eyes opened to. And, he is always such a loving Father. He patiently and lovingly reveals sin, or areas that need attention in my life. I grew up hearing the expression, "God had to hit me over the head with it!" I can honestly say, he has never "hit me over the head" with anything! It's not because I am so smart, far from it. It is because, from the minute amount I know of His character, it just wouldn't fit him to do something like that. Not to say that he couldn't, however....there's a few people I would LOVE for him to hit on the head! Most of them have a zip code within the Washington DC area!
I can't believe how fast summer has gone. I have to remind myself every day of the things that are good about winter (and there are just a few), to make the thought of it bearable. Here is what I have come up with:
*being able to keep your leftovers from a restaraunt in the car and not worrying about them going bad if you make a couple of stops on the way home * not having to shave your legs all the time * routines * Decorating for Christmas
that's all I can come up with. I really hate winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.