Thursday, March 17, 2011

I put "Bambi" in for Graham for the first time the other day. I gave a fleeting thought to how Bambi's mother's death might be received by him, but I thought it probably would go over his head. I underestimated him. Here was our conversation:

Graham: Mom, what happened to Bambi's mama?

Me: She's gone, the hunters got her.

Graham: What?

Me: The hunters got her.

Graham: What?

Me: The hunters went hunting for deer and they shot her. She's dead.

Graham: Why?

Me: (trying not to laugh at his seriousness). I don't know, they just were hunting I guess.

Graham: I want to watch a different show.

2 comments:

  1. When I let Miss Ella watch it, her response (while crying was) "hunters are naughty, i dont like uncle mike."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have said they were hungry, Liz. ;-)

    I remember watching it for the first time when I was about 8 and I was really saddened by it...his reaction is very grown-up for his age!

    - Dee

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.