Sunday, February 19, 2012

Grayson at seven weeks (double click photo)


My sweet little monkey man is seven weeks old already! In his first month and a half, he has mastered these skills:
*smiling, smiling, smiling!
*cooing
*batting at objects
*tracking moving objects with his eyes
Grayson's sleep has been going great! He seems to be a pretty easy-going little guy. The first three weeks or so were a little rough, with some evening/nighttime colic from about 8 or 9pm until around 1am. We took him to the chiropractor, and after that, the fussiness stopped. He now goes to bed around 9 or 10. We put him in his crib asleep. He will usually wake once 20 minutes later and after I rock him back to sleep for a few minutes, he goes down for his first long stretch of the night, usually until 3 or 4am. Then, he usually has an early morning feeding at around 6 or so and then will usually sleep until around 9am. What a good boy!
I plan on moving his bedtime up earlier as he gets older, but for now, this is working fine. I love this book

I used it with Graham and it worked beautifully. I love how it combines some of my favorite ideas from an attachment-parenting perspective with getting your baby on his OWN, baby-directed sleep schedule. It really helps me to tune into my babies and read their cues for sleep a lot better. Love, love love.
I am really enjoying my sweet Grayson. I think there is something about a third (and last) baby. With Isaac, everything was so new and I was pretty much a nervous wreck the entire first year or so. With Graham, I was less nervous, but still wasn't sure if things would go similar to how they did with Isaac, or if he would be a completely different baby. With Grayson, I am much more confident in what to expect from a new baby, but also enjoy those things that make Grayson unique. I love him with all my heart and soul.
At his two week check-up, our wonderful pediatrician Dr. Ron Miller detected a non-innocent heart murmur in our Grayson. What he predicted turned out to be accurate with the completion of an echocardiogram. Grayson has a tiny hole in his heart which will most likely close before his first birthday. He also have an issue with one of his valves, but this will also self-correct before he turns one. We will probably need to repeat the echocardiogram at some point in the near future. We are thankful for modern medicine and incredibly gifted physicians!
Mostly, this first month and a half has been one of me getting to know my new baby, recovering physically from pregnancy and a C-section, and watching my family fall in love with my sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.