Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Early Induction" abortions in Fargo

One subject I am passionate about is pro-life. I feel that every Christian should make this a subject they are passionate about...it is a travesty what is happening to countless babies on any given day in America. And, being adopted, I also feel a personal investment in this particular issue. I often wonder if an abortion was considered when my biological parents found out about me. In Fargo, we have an abortion clinic that everyone knows about. There is much attention given state-wide to the only so-called "abortion clinic" in the state. However, many people probably do not know that abortions are performed frequently at our major health providers in Fargo--Sanford Health and Essentia, but are just termed "early inductions." This is a much cleaner and less offensive way to term a procedure that is taking the life of a baby before it is viable outside of the womb. The "early inductions" can be done for many reasons...the detection of fetal abnormality (the severity of the abnormality, however, remains to be seen), maternal health issues (which is probably another "gray" area), etc. When it comes to fetal abnormalities, we all can probably cite personal examples of people we know who were told their baby in utero would possess some sort of abnormality only to find out it was perfectly healthy upon delivery. How many of these "early induction" abortions are being performed on perfectly healthy babies? And, should that even matter? I guess I am one of those "right wing extremists" that believes abortion is not acceptable under any circumstance (except maybe in the dire emergency to save the life of the mother...and how often does that situation actually arise, statistically?) I know I have a VERY small voice, but if I can shed any light onto this subject through this blog and raise awareness in our community for what is happening under our noses, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.