Monday, October 22, 2007

Here are a couple of my favorite stories from the "Isaac Archives:"
(age 3 1/2) We were at the park and a little girl, who was a couple of years older than Isaac, was picking on Isaac and saying, "You're a baby. You still wear diapers." Isaac took this taunting for awhile, and after a few moments looked at her and said, "You should be ashamed of yourself."

(age four) We were at the park and a brother and sister around Isaac's age were playing with him. The brother and sister began fighting. Isaac said to the boy, "You should do what she says. You should say you're sorry." The boy walked off and Isaac followed him. I could see them in an intense conversation across the playground. Pretty soon Isaac ran over to me and excitedly said, "Mommy! we had a little talk and he said he's going to say he's sorry to her!"

(age four) Isaac says, "Mommy, I want to say a bedtime prayer. Dear Heavenly Fadder. Please protect me from the darkness that is all around me. Thank you for my food. Thank you for everything. Please keep me healthy and safe. In your name I pray, Amen."

We were playing with a mom's playgroup at the playground. I was visiting with some other moms and occasionally glancing over to where Isaac was playing some distance away. During one of my occasional glances, I saw that Isaac had gotten a wood chip from underneath the swings in his shoe (one of his pet peeves) and was sitting on the ground dumping his shoe out. On my next occasional glance over, I saw him begin to pull his pants down, working to get a wood chip out of his pants that must have gotten there while he was working to get the wood chip out of his shoe. In horror, I watched the progression of events unfold even further as he began to pee on the ground in front of everyone (you know, since he was already out in the open anyway!). I was mortified.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't even met Isaac and I'm in love with the little chap!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.