Friday, September 5, 2008

Our New Home





After a few weeks (or months) of trying to settle my crazy life, I have decided to try to get back to my blogging. As most of you know, Dave and I are finally settled in our new home just outside of Fargo. We live a fairly small-town life now, which takes a little getting used to (especially when I don't feel like cooking!), but so far we have all loved it! Our new home has four bedrooms and two baths (two bathtubs so I can have one solely for baths!). We have a nice big backyard (the lot is on half an acre), so the boys have plenty of room to run. Not only that, but there is a beautiful park directly behind our house.
My sister-in-law, niece and I spent a week painting before we moved all our stuff in. We managed to get everything painted except for the play room and guest room. The house has been in GREAT shape, so that has been a welcome change from our last house. Moving in takes forever (I think at least a year until it looks like "home"), but every day things get a little better.
We made the decision to keep Isaac home one more year before Kindergarten. Not only did we have the big move right before he would have started school, but they are doing ALL DAY Kindergarten (which I think is just glorified daycare) in this neck of the woods. We are doing school at home this year, and so far, Isaac loves it! People always told me that they thought he was smart, but I guess I can really see it for myself lately. He is pretty easy to teach and absorbs everything. Lately, we have been reviewing basic stuff from last year, as well as talking about the four food groups, money and the solar system. My goal is to have him be able to begin reading by the end of the school year.
We are so happy to be back in Noth Dakota! Sometimes, our two years in Iowa feels like a dream to us...like we never even left Fargo. I have loved living less than a three minute drive to my sister-in-law's house, and NOT being ten hours from my mom and dad. Three hours feels like nothing!
Dave has actually enjoyed being back at his old job more than he thought he would. Working from home had its advantages, but he missed having the face-to-face contact with friends from work (oh, and we probably drove him a little crazy when he worked at home). Dave has decided to try to get back into the counseling field potentially, so he will be doing some part-time family therapy at night for Youthworks.
As this entry is already quite long, I will detail a little more about how God worked in my life throughout this move at a later time.
Here's some pictures of the outside of our house, the back yard, and two shots of the park behind our house to give you a feel for our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.