Monday, September 15, 2008

uncreative and uninspired

I am feeling like I have a nasty case of the blahs lately. There are so many projects I would like to undertake, the biggest being to make my house look nice, but I am just feeling like lately my "free" time is better spent doing nothing (does a mama ever have "free" time?). It's probably because Graham is such a handful lately that any child-free time I do have, I am exhausted, therefore I sit and do nothing. I keep thinking I should be a size 3 for all of the running after him that I do, but for some reason it's not working. I am trying to enjoy this short time of Graham's toddler hood, because now I know how quick it goes, but most days I am too tired and too overwhelmed with him to enjoy it...then comes a big dose of mama guilt. Guilt and motherhood are as closely paired as any combination could ever be.
So, I will keep trudging along. Hopefully one of these mornings I will wake up after a long, restful sleep and feel inspired to tackle my house and last of the boxes, and complete every other project that is weighing me down these days.
Until then, pass the remote.

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree with you more! I'm not just moving into a house, but I just can't seem to get myself as motivated as I would like to be. Let's pray for each other to get the rest we need and then yo be motivated to get our work done, but to also enjoy all the few moments that we have with our children!! Love you! Megan Giesler

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.