Thursday, October 16, 2008

Etc. Etc.

Here's some odds and ends from our life recently because I haven't been feeling compelled to write anything truly interesting lately:

*I am finally feeling inspired to get my house in order. It has been fun to pull everything together and to organize closets. I have a linen closet for the first time! I have always wanted one. I go to the closet at least twice per day and open it up and just look at all of the neatly folded and labeled linens. Pathetic, I know.
*I am sick to death of the political world, as I am sure everyone else is. Election day cannot come soon enough.
*Graham has been sick off and on and has been working on his first set of molars. Therefore, he has been miserable. It is like having a newborn again (the child never sleeps anymore) without the perk of laying him down and knowing he can't go anywhere. He is constantly on the move-even when he doesn't really want to be. He is just obsessed with discovery.
*Although he doesn't have quite the gift of gab that Isaac had (let's all breathe a sigh of relief), Graham is acquiring his little library of words. He now says: mama, dada, papa, Isaac, up, out, shoes, (those last three all relate to him being on the move), baba (bottle), and he actually said, "elephant" the other day, believe it or not. Graham only says what is absolutely necessary for him to function in life. (unlike his older brother who talks our ears off.)He can make the sound of a monkey, and I am working with him on other animal noises. He is TOTALLY into books and LOVES to just sit for extended periods of time on my lap going through books. Isaac never did that, so it is fun for me.
*Dave started seeing families in counseling part time last week. I think he will really enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'll have you know he says Grandma TOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.