Monday, February 1, 2010

A few changes...

January is FINALLY over...hooray! I hate the month of January. Almost as much as I hate the month of February! I have had a big case of the YUCKS lately. I am really wanting this winter to be over, and I am really wanting our house remodel to be DONE and to be able to move on. But, it does help to start getting things together at least a little bit.
My wonderful sister in law came and helped me (well, I am not so sure how much I actually did) hang my master bedroom window treatments I have been dying to get up for about three months. GOOD-BYE ugly metal blinds that were incredibly discolored and dirty! Hello beutiful bamboo blinds! As a side note, my mom got this great wooden curtain rod for me at Hancock Fabrics for 90% off! It was like $7 or some crazy thing like that.

Here is a collection of metal stars I put in my living room. Some of them I painted, some I left the original color. This was inspired this posting by my favorite decorating blogger, The Nester

Here is my new living room set in all is wonderful-ness! I am thinking the space to the left and right of my gallery shelves might be a little bare? I keep telling myself I don't need to fill up every inch of my wall space, but I would really like to put a collection of 11X14's of the boys somewhere.

Please note my wonderful new floor coverings! I got this great rug at www.overstock.com (my mom directed me there) where they have way great rugs for super cheap. This is a wool West Elm rug, and it was only $100! (and the shipping was free!)

I got another great indoor/outdoor rug for my kitchen--this reminds me of a Ballard Designs rug and ties in so well with our chandeliers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.