Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today was not a day that would put me in the running for a "mother of the year" contest. It probably wasn't the worst day we've ever had, but it certainly wasn't the best. I had lots going on today, and lots of "reasons" to put my babies on the back burner while I did other things. I was rushed, stressed and grumpy all day long today. In the midst of my "terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day", I had one shining moment where I took a few minutes to let Graham help me plant my summer flowers. I taught him about roots, and let him pour the dirt in the pot with me. He then had fun filling up cups of water and dumping them in each pot. We had a nice respite from the day, if only for a few moments.
Tonight I was snuggling him at bedtime. I put my arms around him and asked, "was mama a grump today?" He replied, "Yes." I braced myself for a two year old description of my yelling and grumpiness today. Instead, he said (in a happy little voice), "we planted flowers!"
I wonder if that's what its like when God forgives us? He doesn't see the sin anymore, just what we are in him.
I pray God gives me the eyes of my Graham--help me, Lord, to see others in your light. To be quick to forgive, slow to condemn, generous with my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.