Sunday, March 9, 2008

Well, after so many months of trying to make our old computer work, we now have a brand spanking new computer. It was sort of an accident really. Dave was installing new ram into our old computer and put it in upside down and fried our hard drive! We didn't mourn too long...the next day we hopped in the car and bought a new computer!! I am tremendously enjoying super-fast processing speeds, the capacity to put 158,000 photos on my hard drive (does ANYONE take that many photos in an entire lifetime??) and a beautiful HUGE new monitor. Who says material things can't buy happiness!!??
Well, I can feel my husband cringing as I type this for the world to see, but we have received word from his manager that it is OK for us to move home!! Being the realist/borderline pessimist he is, Dave fears telling people for fear that it actually won't happen. I do not have these same hangups. If something happens to change these plans, we will deal with it. But, for now I am going to marinate in the happiness of our plans to come home!! I am going to enjoy it right now, because I know how horrible moving is, and that it will be tremendously stressful. Plus, there are all kinds of thing we will leave behind here that pain me to think about. Here is my top list of things I will miss:

*Our wonderful church
*Our neighbors Ken and Marcia
*My great girlfriends I have made here (Jamie, Marie, Jessica, Ann, Hillary...)
*Our house (especially the GREAT kitchen)
*Memory Bound scrapbooking store in Ankeny

That being said, can I tell you again how excited I am to be going HOME?? This certainly has been a learning experience for me. One of these days I am going to blog about all of the things I have learned over the past almost two years.
Anyway, mom and dad were here for a week and left this morning. We had so much fun. It was sad, as usual, but the news of our move home helped ease the pain a bit.

Graham FINALLY has a tooth. It has been just below the surface since November and just popped through a couple of days ago--dad was actually the first to notice. Graham LOVES my dad...I think he will be going through withdrawals this week and will wonder where he is (dad will probably be doing the same!).

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you - on both counts. Yaay on new computer (was it really a mistake Dave?? Or was it intentional sabotage???) but big YYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY on moving home. We are so excited to be able to see you every time we go home. You will be my calm in the midst of the family storm. Love you guys and I am so happy that you finally know!
    Billie (and company)

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.