Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home is the most important place in the world

I remember seeing this commercial quite awhile ago, and it always stuck with me. I thought it was extremely effective from an advertising point of view. But, something about the commercial resonated with me on a deeper level. At the time I first saw it, we were living in Iowa, and we had received the news that Dave would be losing his job. There were so many days back then that I had no idea where our home would be, and that broke my heart in two. Home is important. It doesn't matter if it's an upscale penthouse, a sprawling farm house or a cardboard box. Home, wherever it is, is the most important place in the world. It is where everything truly important in life happens. I have thought about that notion lately, and have realized that in many ways, mostly sub-consciously, I have centered my life around my home. It is where I want my children to spend most of their days (learning and playing...I have never been a big fan of running them around and filling their life with "activities"). It is where I want to be (whether I am being with my children, doing household chores, or working in my photography business). It is where I want my husband to find rest at the end of a stressful day out in the world.
I think this is one of the big reasons I have decided to homeschool. It fits "me." I feel the fit way down in my heart, I know it is the best thing. But, to be honest, I struggle with my fears and doubts. I wonder if I will be patient enough. I wonder if I will be creative enough. I wonder if I will be disciplined enough. I wonder if my kids will drive me to the point of insanity, all day, every day! I can't wait to see how my life unfolds over the next year. All I know is, for right now, I am enjoying every second of my life at home, because home is the most important place in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.