Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I thought I would take some time this morning to update my blog. I haven't done that lately because I have been so busy, and boy have I missed my blogging time!
I don't know about anyone reading this blog, but as for me, I feel as though someone has all of a sudden pushed a fast-forward button on world events. I have been up nights lately, worried about all that is happening in the world around us. I wonder what this world will be like for my children in the next several years. I wonder how hard it will be just to survive. I cannot believe the decisions that world leaders and the elected leaders of our nation are making right now. I never dreamed I would see the things happening now in anything other than one of those scary "left behind" sort of movies. I know I need to trust, and hold tightly to my faith, but it scares me. I wonder if I have a strong enough faith to get through what is to come, or if I will be among those whose "love will grow cold." I pray not. I want to "endure until the end."
Whew! heavy thoughts for a Wednesday morning, but that has been heavy on my heart these days.
As for other things going on in my world, my photography business is growing at a rate I never dreamed possible. The largest part of me is happy and excited, but there is an ever-growing part of me that is nervous and worried about whether I will be able to keep up. My priority is my kids and being at home. Initially, I set the goal of only doing three sessions per week, and already I have reneged on that...I am up to four or five sessions in a week just to fit everyone in. So, after praying and giving it some thought, I have decided to raise my prices in June. The decision to do this was based mostly on the fact that I have more business right now than I even know what to do with. I want to keep growing, but I also want to give my clients and my family the attention that each deserves. The new pricing is intended to slow things down a little bit, but we will see what happens.
Isaac is at grammy and papa's this week. After the stressful week of the flood, and how busy I have been with my business, he needed the break. But, I have missed him SO much. Our everyday routine is totally not the same without him, and it seems like the sunshine has left our house! As for Graham, I think he has enjoyed the mama and daddy time, and has LOVED going into Isaac's room. I probably shouldn't allow this, but it keeps him happy and occupied. Rule #1 of parenting: the easy thing may not always be the best thing, but sometimes we need to do it to survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.