Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feeling inspired

I have been feeling inspired by the great decorator's blogs (check out my blog list) and websites lately. There are just SO many things I would love to do to my rooms, and so little time! Plus, I have given up on the image of a "perfect" home. That image does not exist in reality when you live with little kids! If I had to describe my decorating style, it would be country/cottage with a touch of traditional and a tiny touch of modern (just in that I like symmetry and clean lines). My favorite colors to use in decorating are black and white (of course), red (from a cool, dark red to an earthy red), cool taupe, creamy yellow and sage green. The things I couldn't decorate without would be white shelves (I probably over use them!), painted furniture, pictures of my kids, candles, greenery, plates and tons of pillows. Oh, and I LOVE organization. Even though my house probably doesn't look like it, there is an inner organizational freak dying to get out. I love opening a cupboard to clean, organized and labeled shelves.
I am finally finishing up with my Christmas decorating and plan on posting some photos to rate my space later this week. I will be posting a link if anyone is interested...
Here are some photos that have inspired me recently:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.