Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our Christmas recap

We had our little Christmas with the boys tonight. It was the only time we could do it between now and Christmas where we wouldn't feel rushed. We like to take our time and enjoy the night, and Dave always like to do it on a night when he doesn't have to go to work the next day. We have a tradition of getting Applebees takeout the night we open gifts, so that's what we did. Sooooo yummy. Then we opened our gifts. Graham was an ACTIVE participant this year, which was a change from last year when he missed the whole thing because he was in bed. He seemed to really like his gifts. We got him the Little Tikes shopping cart, some books and a truck. Isaac got the batman cave (a hot toy this year...had to look like crazy to find it!), a bunch of mini transformers and a leapster game. His transformers are going back to the store because even though I paid quite a bit for them, they fall apart when you start to "transform" them, which was very disappointing. Then, his leapster got fried a couple of weeks ago (yet another of our electronics/appliances that has stopped working recently...are we living near a nuclear power plant or something??) so when you put in the game, you can hardly see it. I suppose I will have to bite the bullet and just buy him a new one, but oh how that pains me. The stupid things are not cheap! But he is getting more leapster games for Christmas from other people. Maybe I will wait until after Christmas...If anyone finds a cheap leapster somewhere, let me know!
The best part of the evening (for me) was my gift from my sweet husband...a kitchen aid mixer! I have wanted one forever! Now I can bake up a storm!
Take a look at these pics from tonight (click to enlarge)...love Graham's little cheesy grin.


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the boys with Dave- Graham looks like a little ham!

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.