Tuesday, November 6, 2007

All that and a Bag of Chips

Today we happened to be out and about at Target over the lunch hour, so Isaac, the baby and I stopped there for lunch (one of our favorite places for a quick bite together). I decided that Isaac and I could share a bag of chips and made the mistake of handing them over to him. Little did I know that with a bag of chips comes great power. He spent the entire lunch time doling out the pathetic tiny chips from the bottom of the bag to me and then he would proceed to giggle in this nasty little way. I was completely at his mercy. When he finally did put a bigger chip on my plate, he giggled again and immediately snatched it out of my possession.
The whole scene reminded me of another story from when Isaac was about two. At our old house, there was a very slanted driveway that went directly out into the street. I was always afraid Isaac would ride his trike on the decline and pick up speed and find himself in the street. So, I found a line in the cement and told Isaac he could never go past that line. Immediately after I told him this, he wheeled his little trike over to the line and slowly rolled his wheel until it was touching the very edge of the line. Then, he then sat there on his trike and just looked at me. Talk about kids pushing the limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.