Friday, November 30, 2007

Student of the Week



Because Isaac was student of the week at preschool this week, I got to come into his classroom this morning. I had so much fun and I think Isaac really enjoyed having his mama there too! He wanted me to read a story to his classmates, and he picked "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein, one of his favorites. Here are a few pictures of him doing his show and tell (he took a photo book today with some of his favorite pictures--mostly of him and grammy) and with his teacher, Mrs. Smith.
This morning as I was walking into his classroom, I got flashbacks of being a kid and having my mom come to my class for whatever reason. I can remember that always being such a treat and thinking she looked so pretty and being so glad she was there! Now, I am the mom...that is so weird to me! I still feel like I am 16 years old most of the time!
With Isaac having the option of doing kindergarten next year, I have been seriously contemplating what to do with him...there are so many questions-should I wait another year and do one more year of preschool (his birthday is in July)? Should I home school him? Should I enroll him in public school? I am really divided down the middle on the whole home school vs. public school debate. Does anyone have any insights for me? If so, I would appreciate you emailing me or leaving them in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Yaay Isaac! How fun for both of you.

    I was going to be a smart aleck on the insight thing and tell you not to eat yellow snow.

    Same debate I think about with Sache. I think part of it could depend on the schools you have available. If you think they would do a good job then.... And on the flip side, do you feel strong enough about your skills in certain subject areas to teach it well to your child.

    It's hard being a parent.

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.