Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Here is what we have been up to lately:

*Baby has been sleeping SO poorly lately-up four or five times per night and up FOR THE DAY at 5:30am which is crazy! I finally wrestled him down and looked in his mouth this morning and low and behold, I think he is getting his first tooth! I am hoping it pops through soon so he gets some relief!

*Isaac is "Student of the Week" at preschool this week. He gets to take show and tell every school day this week, so its been this huge deal deciding what he should take! Friday we get to visit his classroom and he wants me to read a story to his class.

*We were visited by the lovely stomach flu bug last week. Isaac was sick a week ago today, and Dave got sick Thanksgiving night. Thankfully I have not gotten sick. I have never anticipated an illness so much in my entire life. With every little twinge my stomach makes I think, "here we go" but, so far, nothing! Yaaay!

*I decorated for Christmas this past weekend. I did way more than I did last year and kept wondering why I was going through all of the effort since I doubt anyone will see it but us. But, I guess I shouldn't make it look nice just so others will see it. Our little family is special enough! It was tough doing the decorating with both kids underfoot. I kept wishing for a grandma to magically sweep in and take them away for awhile! Then I kept remembering a family who just lost their only child-an eight year old boy-who drowned in the bath tub after suffering a seizure (his mom had just run downstairs to shut something off and when she came back she found him). My heart breaks into a million pieces for them. I kept reminding myself how lucky I was to be "inconvenienced" by an active four year old and a teething, grumpy baby.

*We (meaning Liz) are trying to get our Christmas shopping all done. I made the mistake of venturing out on Black Friday by myself with the kids. The line at Kohl's to check out actually went from the front of the store way to the back by the customer service area! What was I thinking? I think I am going to do WAY more online shopping this year.

*I hope you enjoy my Christmas slideshow. My mom was paranoid that everyone who sees the picture of Graham with the lights would think we had subjected him to near electrocution. Let me say that he only had access to the lights for the half a second it took me to snap the picture and Dave was standing nearby and was in charge of watching him like a hawk to make sure he wasn't heading toward his mouth with a fistful of lights. The things I do for cuteness!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Liz...
    I thought before I left I would peek at your blog. The pics of the boys are adorable!!

    When you need a grandma, you can call me. I am always home unless I am gone!!!! Hee! Hee!
    The other girls will share me!! Sorry I can't help you Friday. Jaime said she would....have you called her?

    Have a good weekend.
    Marcia, the neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas pictures are really cute. You did a good job.

    I know what you mean about cuteness. I plopped Sache in the middle of a snowpile with no coat, gloves, or hat so that I could have snow all around her and falling from the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.