Tuesday, January 13, 2009

(almost) no cost decorating

Isaac's room has been driving me a little crazy lately. I just haven't quite gotten it to where I like it. Part of the reason is that I hate white walls and it is the only room in our house we have not painted yet. Eventually I will get around to it. But for now, I did make a couple of changes using things I had on hand. Many of you are familiar with my big cupboards that I inherited (i.e. begged my brother for) from my brother's barn. Well, one of them found a home in Isaac's room and I use it for all of the toys I don't want Graham to get his hands on. This little vingette is on the top of the cupboard. I like how this turned out, and it didn't cost me a thing!

Firetruck: Dave's from childhood
Branches: free (I am using them everywhere in my house these days. They give a great organic feel and fill up lots of space!)Oh, and did I mention they are free?
Frames: from some pictures I had in storage I was not using
Bear: mine from childhood-my grandma made it! (note the cute little thread bare paws!)
Chair: "borrowed" from my mom (she has a thrift store upstairs in her house)
Chalkboard: from my decorating "stash"



Here's another thing I did that cost practically nothing. I created a headboard for Isaac's bed using a painter's canvas unframed picture (it was an ugly one with elephants and giraffes on it) from the thrift store (it was $2.99). I painted over it and painted a big white star in the middle and voila!




Love that (almost) no cost decorating!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the thrifty ideas! The headboard is my favorite, it looks just fabulous!!! Don't you just love those thrift store finds?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the headboard idea! I am totally going to copy the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.