Thursday, January 22, 2009

Play/Scrap room redo

I recently redid the kids' play room. The space also doubles as my scrapbooking space (all my stuff is on shelves in the closet and I will be using the butcher block table as my scrapping table--( you can't see it in the picture, but the table was my kitchen island at our old house and I still totally LOVE it and am glad it can still have a purpose!), so I wanted to be able to conceal the toys somehow so I could make the space adult-friendly for the time I was scrapping. Borrowing the idea from my wonderful sister and brother in law, we made a curtain for the wall that all the toy shelving is on using a dropcloth, heavy duty wire and heavy duty eye screws. I also painted the room my favorite taupe color called "Barnwood" (a waverly color), made new curtains, and got some cute new accessories (thrift store purchases). I am not done yet, but love that I can make the space something I enjoy looking at for the time I am in there




No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.