Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bring the Rain

One night, I sat completely captivated at my computer and for two hours, I read the blog of one mom who can truly attest to God's love, peace and joy in the midst of unspeakable circumstances. If you are a fan of Christian music, you have probably heard about the band "Selah." The blog I was reading was that of the male lead singer's wife. This precious family has three beautiful girls, and were expecting their fourth. Midway through the pregnancy, they learned that the baby girl they were expecting would have numerous medical issues, particularly with her heart, and would probably not survive childbirth. They were advised to abort the baby. They did not. The mother then started the blog as a way to record their journey with their baby girl, no matter how short it would be.
It got me to thinking about abortion. It seems like all you need to do is turn on the TV to a news channel and at some point, there will be a mention of this heated topic. Some would say this one issue defines an entire political party. The passions run high on both sides of the fence. Being a born again believer, (and an adopted child!) of course I am completely pro-life. But I have always marveled at the enemy's fight to keep this issue at the center of so many political debates. Why? Why this issue over so many other issues? And then it came to me. If he can trick women into believing their choice to abort their baby is the best choice for them, he can keep them in bondage to their decision for the rest of their lives. I have counseled a few women who had abortions decades ago, and they still remember. Remember what their baby's birthday may have been. Remember that every time they set the table for supper, there's a dinner plate missing. Remember that every time they buy a Christmas present, there's one they won't ever have to buy. And they are absolutely stricken with these thoughts for the rest of their lives. If they are fortunate to discover God's grace and mercy, they can be free of this bondage. But many of them do not.
Although the story of this beautiful family is difficult to read, it is worth it. It is such a testimony of how God can use anything and everything to make something beautiful. She has recently posted a video (it has now been almost a year since they lost their baby) of the day she was born and the precious hours they got to spend with her before she passed. Throughout the video you see clips of a bunny, which she explains in the first postings of the blog. The video is somewhat long (about five minutes or so), but totally worth it.

www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com

(or click on the "bring the rain" blog on my blog list)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I read Angie's website today. I had other plans, Liz, but I just couldn't stop reading once I started. What an amazing story. It's an incredible testament and moved me to tears so many times! I think she should write a book. I'm glad you suggested it, because I think I needed to read it. Love you.
    --D

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.