Friday, February 27, 2009

Recently, I experienced such a life-changing shift in my mindset, that I need to record it here.
Dave's job situation has been, once again, on the unstable side. This comes as no surprise, with the economy the way it is and the crazy decisions our government is making. It has been really getting us down lately. We want nothing more than to put down solid roots, establish our home for our family, and have some peramnency for them. However, we do not know what the future holds for us.
The first time we were in this situation, I kept praying that God wouldn't let it happen to us. To us, at that time, Dave losing his job would be one of the worst things that could happen to us (or so we thought). I had faith that he would not let the worst happen. And it did. So, you can imagine what happened to my faith. It went right down the tubes along with Dave's job.
I am taking Beth Moore's "Esther" study right now, and yesterday she addressed fear and trusting God. Something she said really hit me. She said, in essence, "Many of you trust God that he won't let the worst happen to you. But, do you trust him that, even if the worst happens, he will bring you through it?" I know that is not where I was the first time around. I wish I could have been. It would have saved me a huge upheaval in my faith. But, he allowed us to experience it, and he brought us through every single day. This time, if "the worst" does happen, I want to be brave. I want to rest in the ABSOLUTE knowledge that He will be faithful (for he cannot be UNfaithful!). He will bring us through. Thank you Lord, for your mercies that are new every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.